Monday 15 April 2013

Smooth as Silk

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend?

It looks as though spring may have finally sprung here in the UK (if dare I say it?)

I’m just back from an amazing weekend away with Phil in Middleton-in-Teesdale, we had a brilliant time and it was just what we needed to recharge our batteries.

I got the most amazing bargain last week, quite by chance. We have a Salvation Army charity shop a few villages from us but it only opens Monday-Friday meaning I very rarely get to browse.

Last Thursday I had a doctor’s appointment so was able to have a quick dash round 10 minutes before closing. Most of the clothing was too big on this occasion but I did find this beautiful Debbie Morgan Pure Silk skirt. The gorgeous mustard colour caught my eye as soon as I walked through the door, then when I felt how light and soft the silk felt, I knew I had to have this skirt for spring. I was even more thrilled when I realised that the skirt in question was hanging on the ‘Sale Rail’ and was just 99p!!!
 
 
Looking at the hanger I’d say this skirt is quite old, but I’m not sure exactly how old exactly? It doesn’t appear to have been worn either making it even more of a bargain.


I absolutely adore scouring charity shops for true bargains like this one. I can wait to dress this skirt both up and down. I think it will look amazing with both ballet flats and heels.

How would you wear this??

Until next time, keep smiling and finding bargains!!

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I love the skirt, very cute <3

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion Blog
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased with it, it feel so luxurious!!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. definitely springy - with a v neck jumper or a cream silk blouse but one with no buttons. a cardie.

    great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good suggestion! I have a black V-neck jumper that will look great with this :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. This post is very interesting
    And you have such a nice blog !
    I'm glad I found it


    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment :)

      Your blog is fab too

      xoxo

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog :)
I read all comments and try to reply. I truly appreciate the feedback.

If you follow me I will always follow you back

xoxo